Contacting the Practice
Ways in which you can help....
We would appreciate your help and support if you can try other methods of getting help:
- Don’t call the practice unless you have to – the answers to many frequently asked questions can be found on our website and on other NHS and Gov.uk websites. This is particularly true of questions relating to Coronavirus vaccinations and isolation guidance.
- Use NHS111 which includes the 111-online service . These services are available even during core GP opening hours.
- Use E-Consult – available via our website homepage– to get non-urgent medical support from our practice team or admin related requests such as repeat sicknotes.
- Community pharmacists are there to help with minor illnesses and ailments.
- The quickest way to order repeat prescriptions is via your Patient Access or NHS App. Please do not call us to order repeat prescriptions, for safety reasons only housebound patients who have been pre-approved can order over the phone. Medication requests received via an on-line app are submitted directly into your medical record without anyone having to re-key them which not only results in fewer errors, but it also saves us a lot of reception time which will be more effectively used to answer the telephone.
- The 7 day GP service provides pre-bookable, routine appointments for any patient registered with a GP practice in Southport and Formby weekday evenings and at weekends, outside normal surgery opening hours. This service operates from 5-8pm on weekdays and 9am-12pm on weekends. You can book appointments and get more information by calling reception or via NHS 111.
- The Southport and Formby CCG website also has some great resources on the range of services that are available in our community to help you.
- Please don’t use the contact form on the website to send us any clinical information or questions whatsoever . While the phones are so busy these e-mails may not be looked at for at least two working days. Requests for medication received in this way will not be processed. However, you can use that form to give us feedback on our website, especially if you looked for information there and couldn’t find it. We are happy to receive feedback this way which will help us to improve the website and enable more patients to avoid having to call us.